Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Two in a Row

Thank goodness for running buddies. Nadine and I have a standing early morning date twice each week, so I really did get out of bed this morning. Ah, accountability! 

After experiencing record breaking high temperatures many times over the last month or so, today was a nice, cool run. There was a ferocious wind along the river, but it was downright refreshing after the hot, humid running conditions we have been enduring. We had a slight increase in pace as a result.


When I returned home from work today, I initially thought Chris and Julie had Subway for lunch. When they do, the smell of raw onion permeates the house for hours. I was pleasantly surprised to find it was not Subway, but that Chris had started dinner. Thank you Hello Fresh for making life so easy! Tonight we had Vegetable Ministrone with Tuscan Kale, Cannellini Beans, and Parmesan. I was caught a bit off guard that this soup did not have pasta as an ingredient, but we really didn't miss it. The veggies and beans were enough in the sweet broth, although I did add some cornbread to round out our meal.

While the cornbread was baking, I completed day two on level one of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I used the same modifications as yesterday and kept up pretty well. I love using the fitbit to track my workouts. It showed that I stayed right in the fat burning zone for this video, which is exactly where I want to be. 


Speaking of fitbit, I received an email today with a summary of my week...yeah, I'm kind of geeking out over all this information! 

No comments:

Post a Comment