Sunday, January 10, 2016

Savory Sunday #3

I made some treats over the course of the week. Last Sunday, I made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Energy Balls. The combination of oats, almond butter, chocolate chips and a bit of maple syrup was absolutely fabulous. I had two of these energy balls instead of dessert and it really satisfied that urge for sweetness without feeling like I had cheated. I also ate two of these prior to my 11 mile run on Saturday. I really think this was the perfect pre-race fuel for me. We will be keeping this recipe and making them again! 


Tonight, since I still had half a can of pumpkin puree left, I made Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies. I like having a quick breakfast alternative during the week and I have a feeling these will hit the spot. The recipe made twelve big cookies. While the energy balls were a soft, no bake treat, the cookies are more like a moist granola bar. They are definitely not as sweet, but I did enjoy the pairing of the pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries in this new recipe.


Sunday Summary

I ended the week with 14 running miles, one 20 minute elliptical session and three video workouts using Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. I was very pleased, especially with yesterday's 11 mile run - I feel like I'm getting back on track in the running department. Also, I'm happy that I added some strength training into the schedule, but not happy that this week's schedule did not allow for any yoga classes.

This week's accomplishments:

1. I recorded a 1.8 pound weight loss. I've just been focusing on using healthy ingredients and portion size for now. 
2. I met the Fitbit 10,000 steps goal 3 out of the 7 days for the past two weeks. I'll be aiming to increase that this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment