Sunday, January 10, 2016

Running and Risotto

I love it when a long run feels good! There's really nothing better to motivate you to continue as when you successfully make it through 11 miles. 


I shut off the alarm at o'dark thirty and met Kristine. The weather was a happy medium - not too hot, not too cold and the humidity of late had finally let up. We did a 90/45 second interval that made it easy keep up our incessant chatting. It was a great way to regroup after having a couple of busy, non-training days. 

Of course, getting up before the crack of dawn and running 11 miles wiped me out, so a nap was in order. The rest of the day was quite lazy, but that's ok - it's the weekend!


Last week's first attempt at risotto was so good, I was excited to try another recipe. Dinner was Butternut Squash and Sage Risotto with Feta and Pepitas. Wow, I'm loving this! What a great combination of tastes in this nice, comforting dish. I even splurged on dessert tonight. I figured I'd earned the calories, so hopefully the scale won't sound sirens or anything the next time I step on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment