Saturday, January 30, 2016

Sweaty Saturday

I have a Saturday sense of accomplishment! I woke up nice and early and met Kristine for our bridge repeats, our speed training in disguise. Two weeks ago we did 3 sets for 7.5 miles and they felt good. Today was 4 sets over and back for a total of 10 miles. It was a cool morning and the first thing I did was take these babies out of the box!


My new Brooks Adrenalines arrived this week but the rain had preempted my regularly scheduled runs. And I really wasn't kidding about the RAIN. We recorded 2.25 inches on Wednesday and 1.67 on Thursday. Normally I would have preferred to try the new running shoes out on a shorter run first, but that was just not meant to be. 

Anyway, I had some problems with the last model of the Brooks Adrenalines so I was happy to hear they went back to the old style of sizing for the 16s. Much to my dismay, the heel was a bit loose on these and as I walked out the door I noticed I had some sock issues. Back into the bedroom I went and grabbed my heel inserts and a pair of socks with the lip at the heel. I changed everything in the parking lot of the park and tightened up the laces a bit more...good to go! 

Bridges were much tougher this week. My legs felt stiff and tired right away. We had increased our interval to 2:1 in preparation for some upcoming races, but took it nice and easy. We did seem to warm up after the first go around, but it never seemed as "easy" as it did last time. Of course, there was more mileage and I didn't get my runs or any crosstraining in during the week, so that could be a part of it.

I must say, I am pretty proud of us. Sometimes, especially when we are both not feeling it, we "negotiate". I'm sure if one of us had broached the topic the other would have easily been convinced to just walk the last trip over and back. I am pleased to announce that this was not the case! We completed all four trips. 


BAM!! Training goal reached and new shoes broken in!

No comments:

Post a Comment