Wednesday, July 9, 2014

It's Like Riding a Bike

What a beautiful morning for a bike ride! The only problem was that it's probably been over a year since I've been on the darn thing! I opted for an easy route, from one beach parking lot to another along scenic A1A; the round trip was 13.8 miles and we did it in an hour. I remembered to take my feet out of the clips at each stop and have no marks or bruises on me- it was a good day.
Afterward, my husband and I enjoyed breakfast out at a new coffeehouse. We had egg sandwiches and hot pressed coffee, yum! Not exactly on the PiYo eating plan, but I'm trying to make it all work this summer.

PiYo
Today was Define: Upper Body. Yup, I'm a runner and have no upper body strength. I definitely felt weak in my wrists and shoulders when I had to hold my own body weight, but I'll make progress, right? I really liked this workout as I felt there were enough reps of each exercise to feel the impact and then need to take a break. It was a really short video, only 20 minutes long and it focused on core in addition to the upper body. I like that the plan calls for the repeat of the two Define videos this week so that there is more practice with the exercises and the ability to take them a bit deeper once they have been learned.

Kettleworx
I had taken a break from the Kettleworx video series as I wasn't sure how it was going to mix with the PiYo and if it would be too much for me. Today's PiYo video was short so I opted to try one of the short, 10-minute Kettleworx ab workouts. This was much more my current speed. The warm-up was the same and then the exercises were slower movements and transitions. Most of them were done for one minute each, allowing time to watch the first one as a demonstration and then dive right in.

I also lounged by the pool with a good book and ran some errands. Not bad for summer vacation!


No comments:

Post a Comment