Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Bridge Repeats

Day two of the Summer Slim Down started in the dark. The alarm went off at 5:00 a.m. so I could meet my running partner to do 5 miles of bridge repeats, the closest thing we can get to hill training here in Florida. Well, my legs were burning! We figured out it had been 6 weeks since we had run the bridge! Non-existent hill training, combined with high humidity and no breeze to speak of, left us both drenched! It looks like this will become part of our summer maintenance schedule. We cooled down with a walk under the bridge and had some beautiful views:


PiYo
Day two of the PiYo Challenge called for the Define: Lower Body video. This session was about 25 minutes long but went by super fast. The exercises included plank, downward dog and the warrior poses. There was movement in each of the poses to strengthen and increase flexibility. This is one of those workouts where I know I'll see improvements quickly. Once you get used to doing the poses, you'll be able to just follow the cues and not have to look at the television. This will allow for greater concentration on improving the poses and movements. I can't wait to try the Define: Upper Body tomorrow.

The eating plan went well today. I still have to concentrate on getting all of the servings in, especially the vegetables and protein. I'm not finding myself to be hungry during the day, which may be why I'm hesitant to eat what seems like extra food. I have stayed within my calorie goal each of the two days, even though my running partner delivered home-baked cookies to me this morning. Thankfully, they are "healthy" chocolate cookies made with avocado instead of butter, so I didn't mind indulging in a little dessert.

On a personal note, I'm just so proud of my daughter who started her first job today as a CNA at the local hospital. Disregarding the messy bathroom selfie, does it get any cuter than fitted purple scrubs?

No comments:

Post a Comment