Thursday, January 21, 2016

Winning!

It's been a very busy few days, especially work-wise. Last night, I was happy to come home to my Hello Fresh box. It's such a bonus not to have to worry about dinner when you have to work late. I opened a box, followed the recipe and our meal was ready in less than 30 minutes.


It's been pretty chilly here in Florida lately, so this week's box will certainly hit the spot. The first dinner we tried this week was Butternut Squash Agnolotti with Apples, Spinach, and Sage-Brown Butter Sauce. The good part of these Hello Fresh deliveries is that the ingredients provide a meal for exactly two people. It's good because it really helps with portion control and the temptation to over-indulge. The bad part is that there are no leftovers!!

I met Nadine for a nice, brisk run this morning. I noticed such a difference in my outlook this morning because I already had a sense of accomplishment before I went to work. It turned into a double workout day for me today. Once I got home from work and the grocery store, I did Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. 

I know, I know, I haven't been consistent with the strength training!

BUT, I may now have some renewed motivation. Today I was winning! I participated in a live Twitter with the dietician from Hello Fresh and a trainer from CrunchLive.com. It was really informative. Each company gave out a prize for the other. In the end, I won a year membership to CrunchLive.com, so stay tuned and I'll report back on some video workouts. 



Tonight's Hello Fresh dinner was Hearty Lentil and Bean Stew with Ginger, Cilantro, and Basmati Rice. It was the perfect dinner to fill me up on this winter day after two workouts. And, it's pretty too!



No comments:

Post a Comment