Monday, December 29, 2014

2014 Running Year in Review

Best race experience?
2013 had been a year of surgeries (2 skin cancers and a thyroid removed) and recovery for me, so there weren't many races. I was very excited to have completed 5 more states in 2014:


State #10: New Orleans, LA in February
State #11: Springfield, IL in April
State #12: St. Louis, MO in April
State #13: Williamsburg, VA in June
State #14: Kitty Hawk, NC in November

Choosing from those races, I would pick the Lincoln Presidential Half Marathon as my favorite for the year. I really enjoyed visiting Springfield. We enjoyed the Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum the day before the race. The race itself was very picturesque, through neighborhoods, historic buildings, parks and the cemetery where the Lincoln family rests. I loved the fact that we got to have our picture taken with Lincoln too!



Best run?
It was on September 27 - 11 miles in the rain. I felt really good, like a real runner!

Best new piece of gear?
I had been hoping to replace my old Garmin for some time and tried about 4 newer models but was never satisfied. Finally, I tried the Garmin Forerunner 220 and have been very happy with it as well as the updated Garmin Connect website.

Best piece of running advice you received?
 
Most inspirational runner?
My running partner Kristine keeps me going: on long runs, short runs and many racing adventures. She even convinced me to try speedwork this year!

If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be?
Fun but not consistent enough. I'm aiming to keep the fun but improve the consistency for 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment