Thursday, February 11, 2016

Ready or Not It's Time to Run!

It's that time again! 


It's kind of funny that I so look forward to my running trips but I always end up packing at the last minute. We leave for Austin first thing in the morning. I'm really looking forward to getting away with Chris. And, it's Valentine's weekend - it's perfect.

There is one slight problem. I feel like I'm getting a cold. It is pretty typical that I get sick at this time of year. After all, I have spent the last three weeks testing kindergarten and first graders who are like human petri dishes just full of every known (and unknown) virus. 

That said, I have been infusing my body with every known remedy today. I started my day with 32 ounces of Gatorade, followed by an essential oil tea, followed by a vitamin C water. I dabbed essential oils on my feet, neck and chest. I took extra vitamin C. I bought Airborn lozenges. I will diffuse more essential oils while I sleep. I will NOT be sick this weekend. There is a race to be run!

Because I have been a bit under the weather (and still suffering through cold weather here in Florida), I have not done much in the way of training this week. Let's just call it my taper. I did, for the most part, try to eat healthy.

One night we had Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Bulgur, Tzatziki, and Spiced Oil. Oh my, was this good. I've never had bulgur before, and by itself it would be very bland, but drizzled with the spiced oil and topped with pepitas, it was simply delicious.


Tonight's dinner was Creamy Barley & Sweet Potato Risotto with Lemony Broccolini and Parmesan. Risotto has quickly become a favorite of mine. I thank Hello Fresh for introducing me to cooking it. In the past, I had always heard how difficult it was to make and just figured it wasn't something I would do at home. I'm so glad I've learned how!



No comments:

Post a Comment